Providence Alaska Community Ministry Board
The Providence Alaska Community Ministry Board provides leadership in operational performance, strategic development, and oversight of ministries within Providence Health & Services Alaska. The board has delegated authority for quality management and performance improvement; medical staff appointments, reappointments, and termination of membership and clinical privileges; medical staff bylaws, rules, regulations and policies; patient, staff and employee safety; community health care needs assessments; patient grievances; mission integration and effectiveness; patient, physician and employee satisfaction. They also provide advice and counsel to Providence in respect to: community relations; financial performance and strategic direction, compliance, annual budgets, joint ventures and evaluation and development of new services.
The 2016 membership for the Providence Alaska Community Ministry Board is:
- Chris Swalling, Chair
- Sarah Barton, Vice Chair
- Pamela Shirrell, RN, Secretary
- Kathy J. Anderson, PhD
- Tim Bateman, M.D.
- Estrada Bernard, Jr., M.D., FACS
- Pat Branson, Chair, PKIMC Advisory Board
- Doug Capra
- Joe Faulhaber
- Alice Galvin
- Kathy Hurlburt, M.D.
- Christine (Potter) Kramer, ANP
- Bruce Lamoureux, CE/SVP, PH&SA
- T. Noah Laufer, M.D.
- Ryan M. McGhan, M.D., Chief, PAMC medical staff
- Stewart G. Osgood, P.E.
- Archbishop Roger L. Schwietz, OMI
- Steve Smith, M.D., PKIMC chief of Staff
- Lon Wilson