Do you know someone who struggles with a lung complication or impairment? Do you wonder how people continue to perform their daily activities when they have been diagnosed with asthma or other disorders of the lung?
Respiratory therapists have helped thousands of people of all ages who suffer from conditions such as asthma, COPD, and other diseases of the lungs.
Some of the people we serve at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center include:
- former smokers who want their lungs to recover
- children who want to be able to play without being hindered by asthma
- workers with demanding jobs such as commercial fishing, who want to stay in their occupation
- athletes learning to optimize their breathing to perform at their highest level
Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center’s respiratory care department features a staff of caring, knowledgeable respiratory therapists and sleep technicians. We offer a range of services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including:
- Pulmonary function testing
- Exercise Stress testing
- Emergency care
- Acute inpatient care
- Ambulatory Cardiac monitoring
- Asthma education
- Overnight/Ambulatory oxygen studies
- Arterial blood gas testing
- COPD education
- CPAP education / CPAP Group Support
- Sleep Disorders testing
- Pulmonary Hygiene maintenance
The respiratory care department is also actively involved with community outreach, student education and school programs, including smoking prevention, exercise-induced asthma education, and CPAP compliance.
For more information:
To learn more about the PKIMC respiratory therapy department, please call us at (907) 486-9519. To find general information and specific health topics, visit our online health library