Providence Medical Group Pediatric Gastroenterology
Providence Medical Group Pediatric Gastroenterology is devoted to disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and the liver as they affect children, from birth through adolescence. Many GI problems may be easily treated by the child's primary care physician, but more complicated GI problems are referred to pediatric gastroenterology.
Why Choose Providence?
- We have the longest established pediatric gastroenterology practice in Alaska, with clinics in Anchorage and an outreach clinic in Fairbanks.
- Our gastroenterology providers share space with pediatric surgeons in case your child requires surgical consultation. Pediatric surgical expertise ensures that our patients receive the most appropriate care tailored to the unique health needs of children.
- Our providers are part of a comprehensive pediatric subspecialty clinic and The Children's Hospital at Providence to treat the entire spectrum of problems in children of all ages, sizes and maturity levels - from the tiniest premature infants to adult-sized teenagers
- Online access for appointment requests, medication refills, lab results, medical history, communication with care providers, and pre-registration using MyChart.
- Diagnosis and management of abdominal pain, reflux, chronic digestive problems
- Upper endoscopy (looking into the esophagus and stomach with a light and taking small biopsies)
- Lower endoscopy (looking into the large intestine with a light and taking small biopsies)
- Liver biopsy
Conditions we treat
- Chronic abdominal pain/constipation
- Celiac disease
- Gastrointestinal polyps
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Management of genetic and metabolic liver disease, including liver biopsy
- Growth failure and malnutrition
- Childhood cancers of the gastrointestinal system
For More Information
To learn more about the Providence Medical Group Pediatric Gastroenterology, please call (907) 212-2240. To find general information on specific health topics, visit our online health information library