Providence Breakthrough offers outpatient adult services and endorses the medical model of addiction and supports the 12 Step process of recovery. Our standard of care has been constantly evolving since our inception in 1989 and we have developed a clinical program which provides the premiere level of outpatient treatment for the state of Alaska.
As a result of client, staff, and community input, treatment programs and clinical processes have been created which are client centered and team driven. Our Breakthrough therapists are certified in the field of addiction medicine.
- Substance Abuse Treatment Program offers outpatient adult services that are structured to allow clients to continue participating in their real life environment while receiving treatment for problems related to drugs and alcohol. The Breakthrough therapists are certified in the field of addiction medicine.
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) is designed for those who meet the diagnostic criteria of chemical dependence and need full-time, highly structured treatment support. Patients in this program meet for 6 to 8 hours a day, five days a week. Upon completion of PHP, clients enter into a Continuing Care program which can last up to 6 months, dependent upon need as determined by the patient and the treatment team.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is also for those who are meet the diagnostic criteria of chemical dependence but do not need the full-time, daily structure of PHP. IOP meets for 3 hours in the evenings over 18 weeks of decreasing intensity of structure. As with PHP, clients in IOP participate in a Continuing Care program.
- Relapse Prevention Program is an 8-week, closed group course which meets once a week for 3 hours. It is facilitated by a therapist and is based on the Gorski-Cenaps Model of Relapse Prevention. As this is an advanced course, it is available for those who have completed an initial course of treatment, either with Breakthrough or another treatment facility, who have at least 30 days clean from all addictive chemicals, and who have completed Breakthrough's Family Night educational series. Abstinence and completion of primary treatment are essential for this course because the information presented requires an understanding of addiction and recovery concepts and an ability to process information and develop personal insight. This is a lecture-based course and is not used as a process/support group. Therefore, the incorporation of a sober support network in daily functioning is required.
- GRACE program is for those individuals who wish to address patterns of behavior which were developed as a result of childhood trauma or from living within a high-stress or addictive family system. This is a intensive, 12-week, closed group which meets for 3 hours once a week. In addition, individual sessions with primary therapist are offered as needed. Participants develop individualized treatment plans, are expected to maintain abstinence, and be involved in an active program of recovery. As this is an advanced group, completion of Breakthrough's Family Night educational series and an assessment are required to be accepted into the GRACE program.
- Grief & Loss Group is an action program for moving beyond death, divorce and other losses, including, the end of a relationship, loss of a career, loss of trust, loss of faith, loss of safety and loss of health. This group is a 90 minute group that meets once weekly for ten weeks. This group will provide you with partnerships and guidance to let go and move on in your life. To be accepted into the Greif & Loss group, one must complete an assessment to identify one's specific clinical needs. This group is open to clients as well as family and friends.
For more information
To learn more about Providence Breakthrough, please call (907) 212-6970. To find general information and specific health topics, visit our online health library.