You Make a Direct Impact
As a donor to Alaska CARES, you can make a direct impact on children's lives.
Giving Cash Gifts
Please contact Providence Foundation
to designate a cash gift for Alaska CARES. Contributions to Alaska CARES are tax-deductible and is administered by The Children's Hospital at Providence
. Alaska CARES is a department of Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization under IRS 501(c)(3).
Toys & Crafts:
- Blank journals for older children and teens
- New or gently used toys for infants and toddlers
- New stuffed animals
- Playdoh (miniature size)
- Games for all ages
- Art supplies - glitter pens, markers, drawing paper, coloring books
- Children's books
- Children's magazine subscriptions
- Educational videos/movies for children
Client Specific Assistance:
- New hygiene products - bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair bands/barrettes, sanitary items, hairbrushes/combs
- Diapers, especially larger sizes (sizes 4-5)
- New underwear for girls and boys of all ages, especially teens
- New socks and shoes for all ages
- Gift certificates: Fred Meyer, Safeway/Carr's, Wal-Mart
- Bus vouchers, movie vouchers
- Healthy snacks: pretzels, crackers, bottled water, fruit juice
To make an in-kind donation, please contact our office at 212-2490 or Providence Foundation
Become a Volunteer
Answer phones, look after children in the waiting area, help clean toys, help with other office tasks, or help with fundraising and special events.
If you would like to become a volunteer, please call Volunteer Services
at 261-3100 and let them know you're interested in volunteering for Alaska CARES.