Guest House for Providence Alaska Medical Center
The Walter J. and Ermalee Hickel House is a hospitality house that offers an affordable, comfortable “home away from home” for outpatients and their families receiving medical attention at a Providence Health & Services Alaska facility.
Located on the Medical Center campus, the Walter J. and Ermalee Hickel House offers a shared living environment with others experiencing similar family medical needs.
The Hickel House includes:
- 43 guest rooms with TVs, DVD players, microwaves, refrigerators, hairdryers, wireless Internet and telephones with voice mail
- 15 fully handicapped-accessible rooms with roll-in showers
- 4 rooms fully equipped for the visually impaired
- Several sitting rooms
- A home theater room
- Library with books donated by the community
- A large kitchen and dining area
- Play room and outdoor play area for children
- Outdoor gazebo overlooking the wetlands, deck and BBQ grill
- Exercise room
- Access to a lighted trail system
- Coin-operated washers and dryers
- 24-hour card access security
Accommodations are made based on a first-come, first-served basis. Rooms cannot be guaranteed in advance because of our guests’ uncertain departure dates.
Guests must be able to walk or use a wheelchair and be able to care for themselves. The Walter J. and Ermalee Hickel House is not a medical facility and there are no medical personnel on staff.
For more information
To learn more about Providence Hickel House, please call (907) 212-4100; the front desk is open every day from 8:30 a.m. to midnight.