Choice, privacy, dignity and independence are cornerstones of this assisted living community. Residents live in their own studio apartment and receive assistance as needed with everyday tasks. The community has several common areas, including a dining room that connects with a courtyard; parlor; activity room; computer lab; study and other quiet areas. The facility also has a full-service hair salon and a chapel with weekly church services.
Providence Horizon House offers a wide range of services for residents who regularly or occasionally require them:
- 24-hour assistance with activities of daily living
- Three meals a day, served in a pleasant dining area
- Medication assistance and oversight
- Weekly housekeeping services
- Daily social and recreational activities
- Laundry and linen services
- Emergency call systems in each apartment
- Health promotion programs
- Transportation for group activities and outings
Each studio apartment at Providence Horizon House is approximately 370 square feet. All apartments are wheelchair accessible and have private bathrooms and showers, microwave ovens, refrigerators and sinks.
Providence Horizon House residents are encouraged to participate in their community through the Resident Council, planning committees and resident led activities. Community life is enhanced by our active group of volunteers who share a variety of talents, from bingo calling to poetry reading.
Seniors and their families are welcome to tour the community. Please call 212-5340 for a tour or for more information.
For more information
To learn more about Providence Horizon House, please call (907) 212-5340, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To find general information and specific health topics, visit our online health library