Providence Medical Group Pediatric Surgery
Providence Medical Group Alaska is suspending its pediatric surgery service effective April 3, 2016. The Children’s Hospital at Providence will continue to provide pediatric surgical services via community providers.
For PMG Pediatric Surgery patients, we are committed to ensuring your transition to a new provider is as smooth as possible and that you have access to your medical records. If you would like a referral to a new provider or for medical records, please call (907) 212-8477.
Providence Medical Group Pediatric Surgery offers services and experience in, minimally invasive repair of chest wall deformities, surgical care of newborn and premature infants, hernia repair, anal malformation as well as pediatric endocrine surgery and surgical oncology.
Why Choose Providence?
- We have pediatric surgeons at clinics in Anchorage.
- We treat the entire spectrum of problems in children of all ages, sizes and maturity levels - from the tiniest premature infants to adult-sized teenagers.
- We specialize in surgical procedures to correct congenital defects in sick and premature infants and also treat more common illnesses such as appendicitis and trauma.
- Pediatric surgical expertise ensures that our patients receive the most appropriate care tailored to the unique health needs of children.
- Our providers are part of a comprehensive pediatric sub specialty clinic and The Children's Hospital at Providence to treat the entire spectrum of problems in children of all ages, sizes and maturity levels - from the tiniest premature infants to adult-sized teenagers.
- Online access for appointment requests, medication refills, lab results, medical history, communication with care providers, and pre-registration using MyChart.
- We treat congenital problems of the chest and abdomen, including esophageal atresia, diaphragmatic hernia, congenital lobar emphysema, congenital lung cysts, congenital cysts of the mediastinum, abdominal wall defects, congenital bowel obstruction (atresia and malrotation), imperforate anus, and Hirschsprung's disease
- Prenatal consultation for fetal anomalies
- Hernia repair: including inguinal, umbilical, epigastric and diaphragmatic, groin and scrotal hernias
- Genitourinary tract problems including circumcision and kidney and bladder trauma
- Excisions and biopsies for tumors of the head, neck, chest, abdomen, genitourinary tract and extremities
- We coordinate with Seattle Children's Hospital for cardiac and complex thoracic surgery
- We often consult with and operate with board-certified pediatric urologists at Alpine Urology in Anchorage, aw ell as other Anchorage surgeons offering services to children
For More Information
To learn more about Providence Medical Group Pediatric Surgery, call (907) 212-8477. To find general information on specific health topics, visit our online health information library.