As People of Providence, we reveal God’s love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
PVCC empowers our clients by creating an atmosphere of compassion, respect, and excellence, as they transform their lives and strengthen their connection and contribution to the community.
Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Justice and Stewardship
PVCC staff includes an Administrative Director, a Psychiatrist, Licensed Professional Counselors, a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Certified Chemical Dependency Counselors, and a Case Manager.
PVCC offers a variety of counseling services.
- Stress and Anxiety
- Emotional, Physical, and/or Sexual Abuse
- Substance Abuse Services
- Individual, Couples, and Family Therapy
- Child and Adolescent Therapy
- Anger Management
- Adapting to Major Life Changes
- Family Support
- ADD and ADHD Evaluations, Testing, and Treatment
- Psychiatric Evaluation and Medication Management
- Group Therapy
- Parenting Classes
- 24-hour Emergency Services/Mental Health Disaster Response
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM)
- Assessment and Referral for Additional Community Resources
Crisis information: PVCC offers local CRISIS assistance for our community after business hours. Please contact the hospital at (907) 835-2249 and request to speak to the PVCC on-call nurse.
For more information
To learn more about Providence Valdez Counseling Center, call (907) 835-2838, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (excluding observed Holidays). Closed daily from noon -1:00 p.m. for lunch. Closed Tuesdays noon - 3 p.m. To find general information and specific health topics, visit our online health library