We offer this step-by-step program to help you return to full function following heart attack, open-heart surgery, angioplasty (with or without a stent) or new onset of angina. Through an individualized program of exercise and education in a group setting, participants will enjoy the benefits of cardiac rehabilitation that leads to a healthier lifestyle.
- Improved cardiovascular function
- Improved physical fitness
- Weight loss
- Tobacco/smoking cessation
- Stress management
- Regular exercise
- Blood pressure control
- Lower cholesterol
- Increased knowledge of nutrition
- Reduced fear and anxiety related to your heart condition
- Increased sense of well being
What can you expect from the program?
- Individual intake evaluation with an exercise specialist
- Individualized exercise prescription and plan
- Group exercise session that best fits your needs
- Heart monitoring with each exercise class
- Case manager to work with you and oversee your care
- Education manual
- Regular education classes
- Exercise sessions three times a week
- Length of program is individualized to your progress and needs
Items to bring to your intake evaluation:
- List of medications and dosages
- Insurance card and photo ID
- Your questions
Items to bring to your exercise sessions:
- Comfortable walking or running shoes
- Layers of clothing
- Water bottle
- Your questions
To participate in cardiac rehabilitation, a referral is required from your physician or nurse practitioner. Cardiac rehabilitation services are covered under most insurance companies, but please verify with your insurance provider.
For more information, call 212-3664.