At the Heart and Vascular Center at Providence, we know that timing is everything when treating a cardiovascular condition. Heart and vascular patients benefit greatly when they receive the right treatment quickly, and that’s why we offer many advanced treatments and services in one location. From cardiac testing and heart rhythm management to minimally invasive and traditional heart procedures, we deliver the best possible care quickly and efficiently – right here.
Our qualified providers are highly experienced. We treat some of the most complex heart and vascular conditions in the community while also meeting and exceeding national quality benchmarks. With more than 300 open-heart surgeries and 3,000 cardiac procedures performed each year, they care for more heart and vascular patients than any other facility in Alaska, making them a provider of choice.
Put simply: You can trust your heart to our care.
As the state’s most comprehensive heart and vascular program, we treat many cardiovascular conditions, including:
Our services are based on a whole person approach. We use the most advanced technologies and treatment methods, but we don’t stop there. With superior rehabilitation, education, prevention and support programs, we want to set you on the path to a healthier you and a stronger heart.
Advanced diagnostics and treatments include:
Learn more about our most advanced services:
- The Hybrid Operating Room a state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization lab where we perform minimally invasive heart procedures
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement a gentler, minimally invasive procedure for severe aortic stenosis
- AngioVac a minimally invasive procedure for the treatment of Tricuspid Valve Endocarditis
- Convergent Surgical Ablation a surgeon and electrophysiology cardiologist procedure for the treatment of atrial fibrillation
- MitraClip a percutaneous/minimally invasive mitral regurgitation repair
- Remote monitoring technology:
- CardioMEMs a heart failure monitoring system to support treating patients early on before they become at risk for further hospitalizations.
- Micra AV a monitoring technology for supporting patients with implanted devices at home decreasing risk of hospitalization or additional procedures in the catheterization lab.
Rehabilitation and Preventive Services
As part of our whole person care approach, we offer a range of rehabilitation and heart disease prevention services.
Whether you’re recovering from a cardiovascular event or hoping to prevent such an event in your future, our rehabilitation and preventive services can help you improve your cardiovascular health through exercise and education. Our services include telemetry, a variety of rehabilitative exercise targeting post-cardiac procedure recover and pulmonary issues as well as education on stress management, yoga, healthy living, smoking cessation, diet, diagnosis and treatment.
The specialists you’ll see at the Heart and Vascular Center at Providence will depend on your individual condition and needs. Your care team may include experts from many medical specialties, including general cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiac electrophysiology, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, interventional radiology, anesthesiology, neurology, pediatric cardiology, critical care, nursing, exercise physiology and respiratory therapy.
By working together, these providers give you the most complete care possible. They keep the heart at the center of all they do as they work to meet their promise to the community of Know Me, Care for Me, Ease My Way.
Providence Alaska Medical Center has demonstrated sustained achievement in the Chest Pain ̶MI Registry for two consecutive years (2018 and 2019), and performed at the highest level for specific performance measures to receive this 2020 award.