Joint Replacement Program
Hundreds of joint replacement procedures are performed at Providence Alaska Medical Center every year. Based on a foundation of medical excellence, the Providence program spans the entire joint replacement experience.
Program services include:
- A pre-operative class for the patient and their caregiver coach
- A comprehensive handbook highlighting each step of the journey
- Customized joint program patient rooms on our dedicated orthopedic unit
- A designated rehabilitation area to better assist post-operative treatment
- Coordinated services with physical and occupational therapists
- Comprehensive outpatient therapy services
- Availability of home health care services if needed
Joint Camp Class
One of the Joint Replacement Program's primary goals is to educate patients and their caregivers about what to expect before, during and after surgery. Patients scheduled to have knee or hip replacement surgery should plan to attend our 1½ hour class. A new virtual version of each class is available below.
Surgery and Exercise Videos
The goal of our videos is to present and reinforce rehabilitation exercise for patients who are considering or recovering from orthopedic surgery. In addition to working with your physical therapist and surgeon, you can use the videos to help adhere to proper technique and reinforce instructions from your health care provider.
To Register for Pre-op Joint Class
To learn more about Providence Orthopedic Services, call (907) 212-6165 or (888) 674-5465, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To find general information and specific health topics, visit our online health library.