Alaska's Premier Comprehensive Primary Stroke Center – featuring a dedicated inpatient and rehabilitation unit.
Providence Alaska Neuroscience Center was originally developed in 2008 to support patients and their families with neurological disorders. Now, called the Providence Neuroscience Institute, Providence Alaska works in collaboration with outside Providence and affiliate hospitals to develop a networking model to ensure our patients receive the best possible care and outcomes. Providence has been and still is recognized by The Joint Commission as Alaska’s Premier Primary Stroke Center. Our services combine compassion, dedication and clinical excellence to deliver evidence-based care to meet individual patient needs in both inpatient and outpatient settings. The Neuroscience Institute is overseen by a credentialed, board-certified vascular neurologist serving as a physician leader and the program’s medical director.
Care with Compassion
At Providence our emphasis remains on providing the highest quality of individualized and family centered care using the latest technological advances. Throughout the diagnostic, therapeutic and rehabilitative processes, the neuroscience staff works closely with each other to develop comprehensive course of care designed to meet each patient’s needs.
The neuroscience team consists of board-certified neurologists, neurosurgeons, licensed independent practitioners, endovascular specialized physicians, interventional radiologists, therapists, certified clinical staff, and neuropsychologists who provide specialized acute and rehabilitative services for adult and pediatric patients.
- Back and spine surgery
- Cranial surgery for brain tumors, aneurysms and other disorders requiring neurosurgical care
- Emergency and routine stroke care
- Traumatic brain injury
- Neurodiagnostic and cognitive evaluations
- Neurology services
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neuro-oncology services through our state-of-the-art Cancer Center
- Sedated pediatric electroencephalography (EEG)
- Sedated pediatric hearing tests (BAER)
- Stereotactic radiosurgery - minimally invasive brain surgery
- Radiation therapy
- Telemedicine for emergent stroke care
- Epilepsy services to include monitoring
For More Information
View our online provider directory to find an outpatient provider, or call 907-212-5606 to learn more about the Providence Alaska Neuroscience Center.