Individual Volunteer Opportunities
We are proud to offer our volunteers a unique and diverse experience. We have many rewarding volunteer opportunities working with patients, helping families and visitors, and assisting hospital staff.
- Provide information and directions to visitors, patients and staff
- Greet visitors and escort outpatients
- Serve in our emergency and surgery department as well as inpatient nursing units
- Assist patients with wig fittings in the Cancer Center
- Cuddle babies in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit through Cuddle Corps
- Provide communion to desiring patients as a Eucharistic Minister
- Provide compassionate companionship to patients at end of life through No One Dies Alone (NODA)
- Provide animal assisted activities and interactions with your canine pet through Pet Assisted Wellness Services (PAWS)
- Deliver flowers, mail and books to inpatients
- Assist customers in the Gift Shop & Baby Boutique
- Perform general office duties
- Help staff with special events & projects
- Assist staff and residents in our long and short term care facilities at Providence Horizon House, Extended and Transitional Care Center
- Assist individuals in the home through Hospice and Connections
- And more!
We cannot guarantee assignments, but we attempt to place volunteers in assignments that will make the best use of their talents, based on the needs of the hospital.